What metal are the pieces made from?
All my pieces are hand made by me from precious metals. Most of the pieces on the site are silver but I will work in gold, platinum and palladium on request.
Why does my piece not look exactly like the picture?
My pieces are all hand made with love and care and due to this fact not all the pieces will be identical. They are all unique and beautiful.
Do you do custom orders?
I do. Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what you would like.
Please make sure your ring size is correct for any custom orders. The size cannot be changed once the ring is made.
I do NOT accept cancellations with regards to custom orders and a 50% deposit must be paid before any work can begin.
How long does it take for a piece to be delivered?
Please see my shipping information in Terms and Conditions.
How is the piece packaged? Can it be sent as a gift?
The packaging makes for a perfect gift! If you would like the piece to be sent straight to the recipient please use their address when ordering and let me know of this in an email email@example.com
I put each item onto a Kraft (raw cardboard) card which has my logo on the front. I write the name of the stone that is in the piece (if any) and name of the flower that inspired the piece on the back of the card.
This card then goes into a silver organza bag.
This bag then goes into a Kraft pillow box.
This box is then tied with a yellow raffia ribbon and secured with a wax seal.
This whole lot is then put in a padded envelope to keep it safe during shipping.
How do I look after my pieces from Distinctly Caitlin Designs?
- Jewellery is delicate and should be treated with a delicate touch.
- Avoid wearing jewellery in chlorinated water (shower, bath, pool). The chemicals will tarnish the silver and can effect the glue that secures the non metal elements.
- Avoid wearing jewellery in the sea. The salt will tarnish the silver and can effect the glue that secures the non metal elements.
- To avoid tarnishing (Oxidation), do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom, this will speed up the oxidation process and minimize contact with lotions, perfumes and hairsprays.
- Remove all jewellery before sleeping to avoid damage and scratching.
- The best way to prevent tarnishing is to store jewellery in a dry, airtight container and to keep items separate to avoid tangling and scratching.
- Do not clean intentionally oxidized pieces with liquid jewellery cleaner. This will remove the oxidation. Buff it gently with a jewellery cloth. These can be purchased from most bead or jewellery stores.
- To clean all silver jewellery gently brush with warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush. DO NOT use any chemicals.